The next great heresy is going to be simply an attack on morality; and especially on sexual morality. And it is coming, not from a few Socialists surviving from the Fabian Society, but from the living exultant energy of the rich resolved to enjoy themselves at last, with neither Popery nor Puritanism nor Socialism to hold them back. … The roots of the new heresy, God knows, are as deep as nature itself, whose power is the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eye and the pride of life. I say that the man who cannot see this cannot see the signs of the times; cannot see even the skysigns in the street that are the new sort of signs in heaven. The madness of tomorrow is not in Moscow but much more in Manhattan.more Gilbert Keith Chesterton quotes
If our social conditions curtail manhood and womanhood, we must alter the social conditions. We must not go on quietly in a corner making men unmanly and women unwomanly, that they may fit into their filthy and slavish civilization.more Gilbert Keith Chesterton quotes
[Communist Goals for America:]
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
- Control schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda.
- Soften curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put party line in textbooks.
Control student newspapers.
- Infiltrate churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion (i.e. “social justice,” “liberation theology”).
- Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
- Discredit American culture.
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and divorce.
- Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.
more Albert S. Herlong, Jr. quotes
Remind students that one of the central missions of the university, which justifies its existence, is to get at the truth. That requires honest debate, patience, intellectual honesty, investigation, and a lot of hard work. But it also is not for the faint of heart. And that is a lesson that is almost never transmitted today. That offense, bruising thoughts, and unpleasant facts simply go with the territory. They are an intrinsic feature of an open society, and they never can be entirely avoided.more Amy Wax quotes
Sex Quotes 1-5 out of 5