In any age, the so-called progressives treat politics as their religion. Their holy mission is to use the coercive power of the State to remake man and society in their own image, according to an abstract ideal of perfection. Whatever means they use are therefore justified because, by definition, they are a virtuous people pursing a deific end. They are willing to use any means necessary to gain momentary advantage in achieving their end, regardless of collateral consequences and the systemic implications. They never ask whether the actions they take could be justified as a general rule of conduct, equally applicable to all sides.more William Barr quotes
The fact of the matter is that, in waging a scorched earth, no-holds-barred war of ‘Resistance’ against this Administration, it is the Left that is engaged in the systematic shredding of norms and the undermining of the rule of law. This highlights a basic disadvantage that conservatives have always had in contesting the political issues of the day. It was adverted to by the old, curmudgeonly Federalist, Fisher Ames, in an essay during the early years of the Republic.more William Barr quotes
[Communist Goals for America:]
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
- Control schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda.
- Soften curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put party line in textbooks.
Control student newspapers.
- Infiltrate churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion (i.e. “social justice,” “liberation theology”).
- Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
- Discredit American culture.
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and divorce.
- Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.
more Albert S. Herlong, Jr. quotes
The goal of the “liberals”—as it emerges from the record of the past decades—was to smuggle the country into welfare statism by means of single, concrete, specific measures, enlarging the power of the government a step at a time. Never permitting their direction to be summed up into principles, never permitting their direction to be identified or the basic issue to be named. Thus, statism was to come, not by vote or by violence, but by slow rot—by a long process of evasion and epistemological corruption, leading to a fait accompli. (The goal of the “conservative” was only to retard that process.)more Ayn Rand quotes
Social Justice Quotes 1-5 out of 5