Quote from Albert S. Herlong, Jr.,
Communist Goals for America:
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
- Control schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda.
- Soften curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put party line in textbooks.
- Control student newspapers.
- Infiltrate churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion (i.e. “social justice,” “liberation theology”).
- Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
- Discredit American culture.
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and divorce.
- Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
Albert S. Herlong, Jr. (more quotes by Albert S. Herlong, Jr. or books by/about Albert S. Herlong, Jr.)
(1909-1995) US Congressman (D-FL) (1949-1969)
Democrat Congressman Albert S. Herlong, Jr., warned of the socialist-communist agenda infiltrating schools. He read into the Congressional Record, Jan. 10, 1963, the list of Communist goals for America (Vol 109, 88th Congress, 1st Session, Appendix, pp. A34-A35).
Communism, Prayer, Religion, Statism, Education, Socialism, Propaganda, Union, Corruption, Deception, Social Justice, America, Culture, Family, Sex, Degeneracy