1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land
to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a
national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the
hands of the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the
state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the
improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies,
especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries;
gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country
by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of
children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education
with industrial production, etc.
(1818-1883) Prussian-born philosopher, economist, sociologist, journalist, and revolutionary socialist, father of Communism, co-author of the 'Communist Manifesto'
Manifesto of the Communist Party, 1848, Marx/Engels
- More Karl Marx Quotes
- Books by or about Karl Marx
- This Karl Marx quote is found in these quote Categories:
Authority quotes, Banking quotes, Centralization quotes, Collectivist quotes, Communism quotes, Despotism quotes, Duty quotes, Economics quotes, Education quotes, Fascism quotes, Property quotes, Socialism quotes, Taxation quotes, Totalitarian quotes, Tax quotes, Children quotes
| || |